No announcement yet.

2006 DF250 fuel starvation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will find someone on Monday to talk too, however Suzuki Customer service was very useless and their comment about not having any control of their dealers left me very disappointed. If any one should have been willing to help should have been Suzuki.
    Not sure what cost on a $1500.00 part would be. Will try to find a rebuilding shop. ECM install is a simple plugin.

Comment

Final resolution and learned lessons :
      1. It was assumed that the fuel pump had pressure and flow. - WRONG ! This was based on the fuel bulb having been pressurized by the hand bulb and the fuel that flowed when the pump was disconnected appeared to be due to a running pump.
      2. It was assumed that the new computer was faulted because it was not providing any voltage to the low pressure pump. - WRONG ! The computer has a built in timer that only provides power to the pump intermittently when the high pressure pump requires it.
      Powering the low pressure pump directly from the battery showed that the low pressure fuel pump was not working.
      Resolution - replaced low fuel pressure pump with a US built life warranty pump at a cost of $350.00

Worst mistake was assuming that original repair shop had checked the most obvious, the fuel pump.

Thank you for all your help and advice.

Comment

related issue high pressure pump
        Hi All
        I have a question about the high pressure fuel pump I've noticed when doing a cleaning of the pump when I added 12 volt and had isopropyl connected to it, it squirt when reaching above 55psi. see red circle where it came out!
        can anyone tell me if this an inbuilt overpressure failsafe if pressure regulator has failed
        Attached Files

Comment

I am not sure how the pressure relief works, however I can tell you that the ECM controls the pump and it does not run all the time, I checked the voltage on the pump by applying 12v. directly to the pump, proving that the pump was bad. The pump did not run and no pressure was applied, therefore not sure what the max. pressure should be. I would not run the pump if it is discharging gas all over the place, it is dangerous.

Comment

The high pressure pump is inside the enclosure, so it probably relieves and recirculates inside the vessel, seems to be OK ?

Comment

Well thats unfortunate did you connect it directly to a car battery

Comment

I jumped directly from the boat battery. Cant really tell if your picture shows a high pressure, or low pressure pump. Mine is a 250DF motor and the high pressure is inside the VSP enclosure.

Comment

Yes this is the highpressure pump inside the VSP house.
                  I've have discussed this function with suzuki support and even they ever heard or realised the purpose..
                  but they agreed that it seemed to be a failsafe if the pressure regulator valve cluded up somehow.
                  So it seems that if pressure reach 53 psi it will relieve that pressure in order for the pump not to basically overdrive the pump or fuel rail

Comment

Working...
                  X