2007 DF200 eng interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF200 eng interface

I have twin 2007 200s on a world cat and the starboard engine interface is not working. I talked with Browns Marine and was told they do not make that part anymore. only 2008 and up . So if anyone has one or knows of any please email or drop a line here . is it possible to reconfigure my old one. my tach only
    shows 4 dashes no blinking.thank you.

Lets not throw that old one out just yet.....

Does any other engine data come from the starboard engine? You said no tach, but what about voltage, fuel flow, egine temp? Or is it all not working?

If it is just the tacho readings missing and all other data from the star engine is showing Ok, it is likley a data source issue. Easily fixed in that case.

Have you tried swapping that interface to another T piece? Sometimes the T's fail but the interface cable itself is Ok.

I would also suggest you THOROUGHLY physically check the interface cable connectors, especially the white connectors to the adapter cable, and from there, the connectors on the adapter cable that connect to the SDS port on the engine.

Make sure all wires going into the back of the white plugs are good, no breaks, and that no apparent corrosion is inside those plugs. I have seen quite a few where those wires break where they go into the plugs, or wires that have come out of the pins inside the plugs. Easy fix if this is the case, the pins come out of the plugs - from the front, there is a tiny tab inside, lift it up while gently pulling the wire out the back of the plug. Pin will come out, you should be able to carefully open it up, replace the wire, crimp (I also add some solder) then push the pin in from the back of the plug until it clicks into place. Dont forget the seal before you recrimp, though!

So, Unplug them all, check, clean, repair as necessary, plug in firmly again.

(You can get replacement cables from Mike at Interntaional Marine in the US.)
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 04-23-2017, 10:25 PM.

Comment

thank you for the quick reply, I get no data at all , the engines are not connected my choice to keep them independent and no electronicts are hooked to them. replaced all the tees and cables with new a few weeks ago everything worked fine with it on the hose at home as soon as we launched it it went out just flashing not showing anything. I will double check the connections as you suggested and let you know what I find. thank you again

Comment

I pulled all the pins checked and cleaned , put a new cable from the enterface to the tees swapped tees to working tach, and still get nothing no volt, fuel burn, rpm, no engine ok.

Comment

Well, another possibility in that case, is that the network for that engine is not getting power. I imagine youve double checked the power connections/fuse and confirmed that there is power?

If all that checked OK then possibly the interface has failed. Talk to Mike at interntaional Marine for a new cable running the correct software for your engine.

Just curious - why would you run separate networks for each engine??
          Last edited by Moonlighter; 04-24-2017, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X