Gauges Required for new DF90A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauges Required for new DF90A?

Do I need to install any gauges when I install a new Suzuki DF90A. I would like to get all the engine info from the Garmin MFD.

Yes, You do need some version of genuine Suzuki gauges in order to be able to get the fault codes, service reminders (oil change due) and warnings from the engine. You cant get these on any Garmin display.

It is VERY important to have these codes to diagnose issues and so you know what to do to prevent engine damage.

If you are having a brand new engine installed, I would recommend getting the new Suzuki OEM digital gauges, called the SMG4 gauges.

The SMG4 are very easy to use and very reliable. Once installed, you will want to install a simple NMEA2000 network and connect the SMG4 and Garmin to that network, because this does 2 things:

1. It shares GPS data from the Garmin with the SMG4’s and that allows them to show fuel economy in real time.

2. it means the SMG4’s will share engine and fuel data to the Garmin display. So you will be able to show all the available engine data on the Garmin, and also, the Garmin’s internal fuel totaliser will keep track of fuel used too. (But as said earlier, the Garmin will not show fault codes and warnings that will appear on the SMG4’s)
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 02-26-2021, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X