Just need the boat . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just need the boat . . .

Well I have been finding deals and collecting all the parts needed to get my engine talking to to my devices and vice versa. I think I'm good to go, well except I haven't actually gotten the boat yet . . .

Screens.jpg

engine interface.jpg

adapter cable.jpg
    Attached Files

Those are two Lowrance Elite 7 Ti2 MFD with a 3 in 1 Transducer, the Suzuki 990C0-88136 Interface Adapter cable, the 990C0-88170 Engine connect cable (So I can receive the Service reminders and DTC on the Lowrance units as I won't have a Suzuki gauge) A Lowrance NMEA starter kit, a few extra T's and drop cables. This will all be going into a 2020 Mirrocraft with a 2021 Suzuki DF90ATL. Eventually a Motorguide Xi5 will be added and connected to the network. Once the everything is installed I will post how this all worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Handsomerob1980 View Post
      Those are two Lowrance Elite 7 Ti2 MFD with a 3 in 1 Transducer, the Suzuki 990C0-88136 Interface Adapter cable, the 990C0-88170 Engine connect cable (So I can receive the Service reminders and DTC on the Lowrance units as I won't have a Suzuki gauge) A Lowrance NMEA starter kit, a few extra T's and drop cables. This will all be going into a 2020 Mirrocraft with a 2021 Suzuki DF90ATL. Eventually a Motorguide Xi5 will be added and connected to the network. Once the everything is installed I will post how this all worked out.
      Nice project!

Actually you dont need the Suzuki 990C0-88136 cable. See if you can return it for credit. You only need to use that adapter if you intend to use analogue gauges as well as digital.

The best (and accepted) way to connect the interface cable to the engine is by swapping the harness plug on the engine from the normal ecu plug to the SDS plug. This sends digital data up thru the main harness to the gauge connectors behind the dash, which allows you to connect the interface cable there. Simples!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post

Nice project!

Actually you dont need the Suzuki 990C0-88136 cable. See if you can return it for credit. You only need to use that adapter if you intend to use analogue gauges as well as digital.

The best (and accepted) way to connect the interface cable to the engine is by swapping the harness plug on the engine from the normal ecu plug to the SDS plug. This sends digital data up thru the main harness to the gauge connectors behind the dash, which allows you to connect the interface cable there. Simples!
        Actually the boat will come rigged with the standard gauges included from the boat manufacturer. But no Suzuki gauges so that's why we went with the Lowrance MDF option.

Comment

Still waiting to go pick up the boat, it's an 11 hour drive and well with the current state of things logistics are a bit difficult. However I tested the Lowrance units and they seems to be working fine, Wifi communication is spot on, Navionics are loaded and shared, Software on both units up to date, and both visible on the NMEA network. Waiting for the boat is killing me.

Testing testing.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X