Cable software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable software

How do you check which engine interface cable software version you have?
    I have a 2018 DF175 APX connected to a Lowrance HDS Live MFD

How do you check which engine interface cable software version you have?
    I have a 2018 DF175 APX connected to a Lowrance HDS Live MFD

I should also mention that I have 2 of the Suzuki Multi Function gauges fitted

Comment

Easy.

Turn the engine key t on where it beeps.

Turn the HDS on. Open menu, settings/network/device list. Scroll down to the Suzuki and open it. The software version listed there is for the interface.

And for a 2018 engine it should be version 3.5.4, its the best and is reliable and stable. Or at least 3.5.0. That version can have stability issues which is why 3.5.4 was released. Easy to upgrade if you want to.
      Last edited by Moonlighter; 03-05-2021, 01:27 AM.

Comment

However, if you actually have the Suzuki SMG4 gauges with the rounded corners, then YOU DONT HAVE ANY INTERFACE CABLES.

The SMG4 gauges dont use interface cables, the gauges do the functions of the interfaces themselves.

If you actually have the C-10 sigital gauges, they have sharp square corners, and they require the interface cables.

Comment

As I am in Australia it looks like I do have the SMG4 gauges I have attached photos of gauges and the 2 Suzuki data information. So I would assume then that I don't need to do any updates.
          One other question is is there any way to get Suzuki data on the HDS engine data screen with this set up.

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, those are the SMG4 gauges, so you don’t have interface cables. No updates are available.

More than likely your SMG4’s are connected to a NMEA2000 network in order to receive GPS signals/speed data from a GPS antenna. It appears so because the photo ypu posted shows Ground Speed, so probably there is a GPS puck antenna connected to the network.

If that is the case, getting engine data onto a HDS is really simple.

Just get a extra NMEA2000 T piece and a NMEA2000 drop cable of a suitable length to reach from the HDS to the new T piece in the backbone.

To add the new T piece, find the network backbone (eg the line of T pieces) behind the dash. Unscrew the connection between 2 existing T’s and insert the new one between them. Run the drop cable from the leg of the new T to the NMEA2000 plug on the back of the HDS. Done.

Comment

Thank you so much I guess that I got wrapped up in always reading about interface cables and software up dates that I assumed that I may have an issue. Of course as you know the SMG4 gauges are very comprehensive and when you have 2 fitted even better, so needing to be able to view engine data on the MFD isn't really an issue I guess I was just wondering why I could not get it displayed.
              Thanks again Moonlighter I really enjoy reading your posts.
              Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X