07 115 DF no power at harness plug in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 115 DF no power at harness plug in

I just bought a used 115 DF, 07 model with 120 hrs. I have mounted engine to my boat, connect battery cables (battery is good) but have no power to the plug on moto that plugs into the wiring harness for switch, tach etc. Checked and changed 60 amp main and 10 amp fuse. Motor in neutral, still no power in plug at all. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Recheck battery cable cable connections are on correct post and are tight at battery and at engine. Check main harness between engine and ignition switch that all the pins in connector are in place and connectors are aligned properly.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Still no power

I rechecked all connections from battery into motor. Test light shows power at main fuse and sub fuse. Should there be power at the harness plug on MOTO end without wiring harness connected or does it have to be plugged in to make circuit. Test light still shows no power at motor harness plug. Could a bad (engine to switch) harness cause this problem? thanks

Comment

simple enough question

Should there be power at the MAIN HARNESS PLUG-IN ON MOTOR SIDE without harness and switch assembly connected? I have also been told the white wire-male single plug (in clear plastic) beside main switch harness on motor side should have a constant b+ ???? Was not told the signifigance of this concerning the problem I am having. ATON of 115 suzuki 4 strokes on the water, surely somebody other than a dealer who is gonna stick me with a $300-$500.00 labor bill to diagnose this problem has the answer I need.

Comment

Yes thw white wire should have 12 volts at ignition switch, if it doesn't then check for broken wire or pin inside wire connector damaged.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

hi

I have a 2008 df 115 with no power to the ignition or trim button on throttle control. But power to trim on the motor and power to everything else but gauges what gives?

Comment

Working...
            X