C10 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C10 help

Good evening everyone, new member looking for some information. I've scoured the depths of google and found zero answers. So here I am.

Here’s the short of it. I recently repowered my small cape horn with a 17’ df140a, it came with the c10 gauge and all connections, after installation everything has been running smooth until a dead short blew my 12v main fuse. Since that quick fix the c10 starts its boot sequence with a chirp then boots into a screen that simply says testing 1.2.3 as if its calibrating the display, if i then hold the “ok” button im taken to a screen with rows of options, everything from sound tests, button tests, ect. I can only assume this is the c10’s BIOS screen for set up and technical troubleshooting.

In the list of options, there is a “normal boot” choice, that takes me to the initial set up screen im used to seeing, and everything would seam to be fine from there. Unfortunately as soon as it turn off my battery switch this nightmare resets.

my question is, has anyone been into the BIOS of this device and knows what triggered it, and would the fix be a simple fresh firmware install or am I looking at needing a new gauge.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Never come across that...

Couple of suggestions:

1. Try a forced reset.
    Turn the unit off.
    Hold the up/down keys while powering the unit on. A beep will signal that it has rebooted.

2. If that doesnt work, can try reloading the software. You will probably need to start up and go through the whole boot it up until its operating normally, and then go from there. You download the software file, copy it to a usb stick and plug that into the usb port on the back of the unit, may need a short cable to make the connection. Then in the C-10 menu, locate the files section, open the usb and select the software file and follow the prompts.

You can download the file from here:
    https://www.lowrance.com/suzuki/

Last edited by Moonlighter; 03-07-2021, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Good luck, let us know the results please.

Comment

I really appreciate the quick reply, I’ll definitely keep you posted.

Comment

Quick update: holding down the arrows allows the gauge to boot normally and remain that was until power is tuned off. So its a short term solution at best, im waiting on Amazon to deliver my USB adapter so i can attempt an update.

I've also included a picture of the issue.
          Attached Files

Comment

Update 2: the motor I bought was part of a twin set up. That said I contacted the gentleman and explained the issue and he swapped me out and gave me the other c10 from the port motor. But i have my USB cables, so if these shenanigans happen again i’m ready to hit it with a software update. Thanks again Moonlighter, the restart trick let me have a weekend on the water with the family.

Comment

Originally posted by BilMuri View Post
              Update 2: the motor I bought was part of a twin set up. That said I contacted the gentleman and explained the issue and he swapped me out and gave me the other c10 from the port motor. But i have my USB cables, so if these shenanigans happen again i’m ready to hit it with a software update. Thanks again Moonlighter, the restart trick let me have a weekend on the water with the family.
              Good stuff!

The software load is very quick and easy to do. May be worth a try sometime when you are not busy or when theres a week of bad weather anyway!

Just one note of caution - make sure you only have one C-10 connected to the network when you try it. If there are more than one it will attempt to upload to all of them and that will crash the system.

Comment

Working...
              X