Suzuki DF 15 drive leg extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF 15 drive leg extension

New user here. I purchased a never used DF 15 . Despite it being rather old it runs excellently. However , the drive leg is too short and i would like to extend it by 4 inch or so . On one of my other boats whihc has a dF 20 I could extend the leg with a ready, Suzuki made, kit . It is unclear if such a kit exists for a DF 15 or, alternatively , if a kit for another model , the DF 20 for example , will fit the DF 15 . The local dealer here does not have the DF 20 kit in stock but can order . He does not know if this it will fit the DF 15 so can not see if it does without ordering ( and paying) for it . Can anybody advise ? many thanks in advance, Maxim Jurgens , Phuket, Thailand

Forgot to mention : My DF 15 is the short shaft version and it has a carburator, so pre- EFI

Comment

You could try the parts link on this forum, look up your engine year and the nearby years to see what you can find

https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki/outboard-by-year

I have also had good support by messaging the same people. So maybe ask them.
      Last edited by Moonlighter; 03-08-2021, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxim Jurgens View Post
        New user here. I purchased a never used DF 15 . Despite it being rather old it runs excellently. However , the drive leg is too short and i would like to extend it by 4 inch or so . On one of my other boats whihc has a dF 20 I could extend the leg with a ready, Suzuki made, kit . It is unclear if such a kit exists for a DF 15 or, alternatively , if a kit for another model , the DF 20 for example , will fit the DF 15 . The local dealer here does not have the DF 20 kit in stock but can order . He does not know if this it will fit the DF 15 so can not see if it does without ordering ( and paying) for it . Can anybody advise ? many thanks in advance, Maxim Jurgens , Phuket, Thailand
        Hey, just wondering if you figured out a solution to your problem. I also need an extension for my DF15

Comment

Kits | Bay Manufacturing (baymfg.com)

Comment

Working...
          X