Suzuki 2016 DF 150 Digital Display unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki 2016 DF 150 Digital Display unit

Engine and control panel new and trying to understand the digital/analogue control panel. On some of the display pages there is 'CENTER' and 'GROUND'
    As I understand it 'CENTER' literally means the engine is mounted in the centre of the boat transom. But according to the manual 'GROUND' is not clear. In one diagram it says 'GROUND or WATER' Can anybody explain these terms to me and the relevance on the Suzuki display.

Many thanks
    Nigel

Ground or water relates to the what speed the unit will show - you can select either one of them.

Ground = speed over ground - sourced from a GPS that is attached to the network

Water = water speed, usually sourced from the pitot tube on the engine.

Did your dealer set it all up? They should have run you thru the gauge and its functions.

Just be aware - the Suzuki digital guage you get in Europe is totally different to the version sold in the USA.

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
        Ground or water relates to the what speed the unit will show - you can select either one of them.

Ground = speed over ground - sourced from a GPS that is attached to the network

Water = water speed, usually sourced from the pitot tube on the engine.

Did your dealer set it all up? They should have run you thru the gauge and its functions.

Just be aware - the Suzuki digital guage you get in Europe is totally different to the version sold in the USA.
        What is confusing is that the engine display is not connected to a gps and yet shows 'GROUND'.

Comment

'Center' and 'Ground' I would not think are used in the same sentence
          And 'ground' speed, as I know is produced by the GPS and probably reads out as SOG -speed over ground
          The pitot tube only feeds a mechanical speedometer on the dash
          Some units have a 'water' speed which would be produced by a paddle - usually built into a transducer
          Art-
          Last edited by artdf175; 05-02-2017, 03:56 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

What electronics unit are you using?

Comment

As far as I know the new 2016 digital/analogue display.

Comment

Working...
              X