Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEMA 2000 Suzuki DF225

Hello Suzuki Owners,

New member and soon to be new Suzuki owner here. I am switching from a Yamaha to a New Suzuki DF225 in a week or so. I am wanting to have my dealer run a NEMA 2000 cable with the wiring harness for the motor. I can do all the NEMA network connections in the console just thought it would be easiest if they pulled the NEMA cable through with the new harness when they are installing the controls.

My question is, what all do I need to connect a NEMA cable to the new motor? Is it an adapter or is it the same thing as the SMIS engine interface cable that I see online?

Why do you want to run a NMEA2000 cable to the new motor?

Which gauges are you getting with the new engine?

I recommend the new (to the USA, everywhere else has had since 2015) Suzuki SMG4 digital gauge. It diesnt need NMEA2000 to work, but is commonly connected to it.

It has a NMEA2000 plug on the back, so it can send engine data to the netwoek and receive data such as GPS speed from the network.

That will solve the issue without needing any extra cables from the engine.

Comment

I wanted the option of displaying my engine data on my Raymarine Axiom 9 unit. So you are saying that I can just run a NEMA from the SMG4 (unit that I am getting) and tie it into the backbone connected to the Raymarine to get the data on the unit?

Comment

Originally posted by Angler85 View Post
        I wanted the option of displaying my engine data on my Raymarine Axiom 9 unit. So you are saying that I can just run a NEMA from the SMG4 (unit that I am getting) and tie it into the backbone connected to the Raymarine to get the data on the unit?
        Yes, exactly.

Comment

Working...
        X