Fuel tank fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel tank fitting

I just got my new 30hp Suzuki outboard. It came with a fuel tank, but it does not fit where my old one did. Can I replace the fitting on the fuel line to connect to my old evinrude tank?

Thanks
    Kyle

Of course you can.

Comment

I think you might be happier with the Evinrude fitting in the long run. The Suzuki "snap-on" fitting relies on an o-ring in the fitting to seal the line. My 0-ring has failed a couple times in the 6 years I've had my DF25A motor. I expect the Evinrude fitting is more reliable. I've thought about replacing my Suzuki fitting with Evinrude, but I'm going to wait till I've used up my supply of o-rings.

Comment

It depends of course on exactly which way you want to do it.

You could

A. simply take the Suzuki engine end fitting off the new line and put it onto the old tank’s fuel line.

Or

B could use the new line and bulb from the Suzuki portable tank and attach it to the tank fitting on the old tank.

Option B might be better because you end up with new line and primer bulb from the old tank to the engine, so thats preferable. New fuel lines are always a good idea with new engines.

2014DF25ARS - in my experience they all have o ring seals in the fittings. I had Evinrude/Johnson tanks in the past and they were no different, eventually the O rings do fail. A little lube on the fittings every now and then is a good idea,

Comment

Thanks for info!

Comment

Working...
          X