Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get switched power for my c-10 gauge here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get switched power for my c-10 gauge here?

Hi-bought a C-10 Gauge and simple nmea backbone last year and rigged it up to engine and battery to check everything and all worked great!
    Im now in the process of setting up properly, and as I want to keep all my analouge gauges, I was wondering if it was ok to get my ignition switched live for the gauge and nmea from the switched live on the analouge fuel gauge? It's a real pain to get at the ignition barrel.
    Is this OK? or should I fit a rocker switch on the dash with a separate fused feed and turn that on to power gauge up?
    Thanks

There are always several unused bullet connectors in the gauge harness behind the dash that power on and off with the engine key. That is the most commonly used place to connect the network power. The C-10 gets its power from its connection to the network so there is only 1 power connection required.

Just find one that is un used and test it with a test light to ensure it is on and off with the key.

Connect the negative wire to the neg busbar behind the dash.

Nobody tries to tap into the ignition barrel, far too difficult to even contemplate trying that!

Comment

Working...
    X