Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF150 2010 clutch shaft arm removal

Hello guys,

I need to remove the clutch shaft arm on my Suzuki as it needs lubrication (throttle hard to move) as seems to be quite stuck in the plastic bushings around it.

Anyone know if the clutch shaft arm can be pulled down after removing the E-ring at the bottom or if I have to pull the entire clutch arm upwards to free the clutch shaft (part 14) upwards?

The bottom part of the clutch lever seems a bit wider than the sleeve around it (probably to hold the E-ring), but based on the drawings it looks like it has to be removed by pulling it upwards.

(Part 14 is the one I want to remove. Part 1 is the clutch arm and part 4 is the E-ring) Screenshot_20210402_203720.jpg

​​​
    Last edited by Retallion; 04-02-2021, 02:44 PM.

I believe all that is inside the engine holder. You have to pull off the power head to get to it. yikes. I think it shows part 9 to be holder. I think all that is pressed into the bottom of the engine holder. When I replaced my DF140 engine holder it was terrible removing that bracket to install in new holder.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Briscoe.

The drawing is a little confusing. The area I have marked is on the stb side of the engine where gear/throttle cables are connected.

In your case, as you said, you would have the remove the powerhead for access. In my case I have plenty access but a little confused as to how to remove the clutch shaft to be able to free up the clutch lever.

Ive attached a picture to show the location. IMG_20210403_003649.jpg

Comment

OMG. That is disturbing to look at. Are you sure PB Blaster can't free up the part good enough for a shot of grease? It almost looks like the pivot arm (to turn motor) is in the way.

Comment

Working...
        X