Suzuki multifunction display issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki multifunction display issue

Hello everyone, I am new to Suzuki and recently got a new boat with a DF200AP . I noticed my multifunction Suzuki display will not show MPH . Do I need to simply fasten a N2K cable between the multifunction display and the raymarine element for it to read the data ?

I am also getting a check gauge C on the multifunction Suzuki display. I was trying to figure out why again no data for fuel was showing so I need initialized settings and it looks like a pain to really go through setting up fuel . I already have a full tank of gas and I think the boat builder doesn't use sensors in the tank. the fuel is solely on the Suzuki to do the math . Has anyone have experience setting this up as well ?

Thanks in advanced

To get speed you will need a NMEA2000 network, and then connect the SMG4 gauge to the network. You will then also need to connect the Raymarine to the same network. The only thing I would add to that is that I am assuming that your Raymarine will in fact share GPS data to the NMEA2000 network. You should verify that yourself.

Lastly you then have to go into the SMG4 initial settings menu and turn the speed setting to OFF. this sounds wrong but the default setting when ON is looking for water speed, so it needs to be turned OFF and it will then use GPS speed when its available from the network.

A check gauge C code indicates that the gauge is not correctly connected to the engine. If it were me I would be taking it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it, and same for the fuel data, it needs to be set up correctly and the dealer should have done it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      To get speed you will need a NMEA2000 network, and then connect the SMG4 gauge to the network. You will then also need to connect the Raymarine to the same network. The only thing I would add to that is that I am assuming that your Raymarine will in fact share GPS data to the NMEA2000 network. You should verify that yourself.

Lastly you then have to go into the SMG4 initial settings menu and turn the speed setting to OFF. this sounds wrong but the default setting when ON is looking for water speed, so it needs to be turned OFF and it will then use GPS speed when its available from the network.

A check gauge C code indicates that the gauge is not correctly connected to the engine. If it were me I would be taking it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it, and same for the fuel data, it needs to be set up correctly and the dealer should have done it.
      Thanks for the info , the check C gauge was caused by me trying to set up the fuel . I already had a full tank so I was going through the process. I couldn't perform the process correctly because I had full tank . It through the error after trying to do that process.

Comment

Working...
      X