Current shipping times...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current shipping times...

Hello all. I ordered a new 175 for my boat back in March, but as with everything else these days there is no ETA for delivery. My local dealer cannot provide a rough estimate. I'm sure they are worried about setting unrealistic expectations.

Has anyone recently placed an order for a new engine, and if so, what was the turnaround time? I'm about 6 weeks in at this point.

Thanks!

-v6viking

I'm picking up my boat in 2 weeks, but the dealer already had stock on his engines for 2021. I'm sure this isn't any help for you. Did your dealer not have stock in March or just not on the 175? My dealer had 140's and 150's in stock, not sure about larger as my boat was only rated for a max 150 so I didn't enquire to larger ones.

Comment

Orders are backed up everywhere - here in Australia it does depend a bit on whether your dealer has been on the ball and kept ordering even when the early COVID days made things quiet. Speaking to my guy the other day, he said that Suzuki Australia are only allowing dealers to place orders if they can provide a signed contract from the purchaser showing a deposit has been paid. That is how bad the supply of Suzukis is coming into Australia from Japan.

So there are three things making supply scarce at the moment:

1. record outboard sales due to people spending money at home because they cant spend it on overseas travel;

2. Factories not in full production due to COVID19 shutdowns and components in short supply from their suppliers for same reason

3. far lower than normal activity of international cargo ships, and when they do sail, delays at cargo docks, again due to pandemic restrictions.

Its the perfect storm.

All you can do is shop around your local area and put a deposit down sooner rather than later so you get your place in the queue locked in. And even then, the dealer is not going to be certain of delivery times, too many potential variables that are out of their control.

Patience grasshopper, patience.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The dealer had a 150 in stock, but I chose to order the 175. I'm regretting that decision at the moment.

I put a deposit down on the day I signed the contract (March 2), so hopefully it arrives by early/mid May. As for patience, it is a virtue that this grasshopper does not have much of.

I'll be sure to update as I know more.

Happy boating!!

-v6viking

Comment

Originally posted by v6viking View Post
          Thanks for the replies. The dealer had a 150 in stock, but I chose to order the 175. I'm regretting that decision at the moment.

I put a deposit down on the day I signed the contract (March 2), so hopefully it arrives by early/mid May. As for patience, it is a virtue that this grasshopper does not have much of.

I'll be sure to update as I know more.

Happy boating!!

-v6viking
          Patience is a virtue, I ordered my boat package in January, 1.5 weeks to go before I can pick it up. Luckily here there is still ice on the lakes so makes waiting not such a bad thing.

Comment

I ordered a Suzi 175 on February 9 and still have no definitive date. Dealer said the time, "no guarantees, usually delivery takes between 30 and 45 days - havent had any go longer than 60.."

Well, here we are at 70+ and there is absolutely no word and no hope of getting any.

Is the shortage a factor of shipping and manufacturing delay? (Effing Covid) Or simply that demand is so high that they cannot keep up? One of the largest dealers around here no longer re-powers at all. All motors go only to those who purchased new boats ....
            Last edited by JeffNC; 04-18-2021, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffNC View Post
              I ordered a Suzi 175 on February 9 and still have no definitive date. Dealer said the time, "no guarantees, usually delivery takes between 30 and 45 days - havent had any go longer than 60.."

Well, here we are at 70+ and there is absolutely no word and no hope of getting any.

Is the shortage a factor of shipping and manufacturing delay? (Effing Covid) Or simply that demand is so high that they cannot keep up? One of the largest dealers around here no longer re-powers at all. All motors go only to those who purchased new boats ....
              I have to wonder if it is all of the above. Although I placed my deposit on 3/2, they preordered this one about 3 weeks prior for their inventory.

I'll update as I know more. Jeff, please keep me posted also.

Thanks!

-v6viking

Comment

Still waiting. Oh, I do hope to have my boat back soon (with the brand new engine of course). My slip is lonely without a friend living in it!

Comment

Notified that my motor arrived yesterday. Hopefully 2 to 3 weeks and I will be back in the water.

Comment

Update: Just heard that the motor is being handed off to UPS for the final leg of its journey. ETA is 2-3 weeks. Let's hope it's sooner than later!

Comment

I put a $10k deposit on a pair of DF140's in Feb.....still no idea where they are and Suzuki can't tell my dealer anything...just in limbo listening to all the fishing stories

Comment

Don’t see any recent posts on 2021 purchases. Put a deposit on 115 back in February. From South Jersey. Saw 2021 engines on some Florida U Tube video’s wondering if anyone from North East have had any luck?

Comment

So I spoke to my very reputable dealer today. He had a meeting with his rep. I was told he(my dealer would not be receiving any 115 engines until summer 2022. He would be taking deposits for 2022 motors only. I put a deposit on a 2021 back in March on one of four engines he had on order from last August. I can’t blame anyone. It’s just the most disappointing situation.

Comment

Got a surprise call from dealer today. Found new engine. Hit the truck this afternoon. Will be here Friday!!

Comment

Originally posted by Waitnonanengine View Post
                              Got a surprise call from dealer today. Found new engine. Hit the truck this afternoon. Will be here Friday!!
                              Bro, congratz you are sooooo lucky. Just spent an hour with my dealer Monday and he is sad to tell me that suzuki is just not sharing any info and I may or may not get engines this year at all. I may have to start going on party boats just to see open ocean.... Oh well, just ride it out I guess, good luck to ya!

Comment

Working...
                              X