Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad Power Node to C10

Good morning,

Brand new to the forum. Seems like a very helpful place. Hoping someone has some insight for me. Brand new dual DF60's, one C10 guage. Two engine interface cables(990C0-88149-350) going into the NMEA network from each wiring harness and one Quad power node(990C0-88130). I have the negative on the power node going to the common ground buss bar. Red wire coming out of the node not connected. Next two purple wire coming off the node going to each harness. Im pulling up readings on the port engine but i cant figure out how to get my starboard readings. I feel like im missing something with the three purple wires coming out of the Quad Power Node. If i go to network and pull up devices i get three listings. C10 Color Gauge, Suzuki Eng Interface (Port) and Suzuki Eng Interface (Port). Am i completely over looking something with this Quad power node? I feel like this topic has been beaten to death but i cant find much mention with the quad power node.

Thanks in Advance.

Edit: Ive swapped the interface cables from starboard to port. Cable is fine.
    Last edited by miles3774; 04-13-2021, 04:11 PM.

Your problem is nothing to do with power.

It is because you havent configured the network.

How:

1. turn both engines key to on where it beeps, but dont start the engines.
    2. in one of the C-10’s, open menu, settings, then scroll down to fuel. Open fuel menu, select Vessel Setup. Use the dropdown to set the vessel as 2 engines and however many duel tanks you have, and then set the fuel capacity. Save and Exit.
    3. Then open settings again and scroll down to network, open the device list. Select the port engine first. Select configure, then set the engine location using the dropdown menu as Port. Then do the same thing for the starboard engine, set its location as Starboard using the dropdown.
    4. reset data sources. Again in the device list menu, select the option to auto select or auto configure sources. Follow the prompts to complete the procedure..

Done.

Now you can set up the C-10’s so that one shows data from Port engine and the other from Starboard, if that is how you want them to work. The owners manual tells you how, if you dont have one, search for the manual for the Simrad IS-35 because they’re the same as the C-10.

Comment

There is also no need for that quad power node to have all sets of wires connected, indeed I really dont know why you have it, a single power node is all that is needed. Just connect one set of wires.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
        Your problem is nothing to do with power.

It is because you havent configured the network.

How:

1. turn both engines key to on where it beeps, but dont start the engines.
        2. in one of the C-10’s, open menu, settings, then scroll down to fuel. Open fuel menu, select Vessel Setup. Use the dropdown to set the vessel as 2 engines and however many duel tanks you have, and then set the fuel capacity. Save and Exit.
        3. Then open settings again and scroll down to network, open the device list. Select the port engine first. Select configure, then set the engine location using the dropdown menu as Port. Then do the same thing for the starboard engine, set its location as Starboard using the dropdown.
        4. reset data sources. Again in the device list menu, select the option to auto select or auto configure sources. Follow the prompts to complete the procedure..

Done.

Now you can set up the C-10’s so that one shows data from Port engine and the other from Starboard, if that is how you want them to work. The owners manual tells you how, if you dont have one, search for the manual for the Simrad IS-35 because they’re the same as the C-10.
        Thanks moonlighter. I do believe the dealership shouldn't have sold me the quad power node but the C10 didn't come with a cable to power the network. The network is configured. Im still having some odd things happen. Im having to power the network with the quad power node from the house battery so that the gauge stays on otherwise when the key is turned to power the motor i get the Suzuki logo then black screen. Another odd thing is that im getting very inconsistent readings on the STB engine. Every time I reconfigure the network the STB gauge works. Then it sort of has a mind of its own. Works maybe every thrid start. Any insight on this?

Sorry for my ignorance and thanks for the help. This is my first dual setup.

Comment

The C-10 does NOT power the network, its in fact the other way around, the network provides the C-10 with its operating power as well as comm’s via the drop cable that connects it to the network.

I suspect that the network backbone is not set up correctly.

To save us all a lot of time, please post some photos of the backbone and identify the items attached to each T piece. The “backbone” is the group of T pieces that are connected together with terminating resistors at each end.

Please have a read of the sticky thread at the top of this forum, it tells you how the Suzuki network works, and how it has to be set up. The document linked to the first post includes photos and diagrams. Its a MUST READ for anyone setting up these networks.

Comment

The backbone has to be set up as follows.

The T’s are all connected together at the top cross part like this:

TTTTTT

The devices and power all go into the leg of the T’s, never to the cross part. And there MUST be terminating resistors on each end to close the open end of the end T’s

TR - T - T - T - TR

Last edited by Moonlighter; 04-14-2021, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X