Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c10 Installation - 2018 DF140a

Hello all,

I currently have a Suzuki/Faria tach on my 2018 DF140a, has the hour meter and 4 status lights built in.

The tach is off by a good bit, and I'm looking to install a C10 instrument panel in place of the current tachometer.

Have 2 questions before I pull the trigger...

1) is there any special harness or connectors I need to install this on my 2018 DF140a? in place of the old Tach? (I've read conflicting information that some need a harness and some don't. I'm curious if its the older year models.(2013 and older)

2) I really want the C10 for GPH/MPG / Tilt / Tach ( possible water pressure in the future if i add the sender) I have a fuel gauge, battery gauge and warning light gauge as well, I'd rather not have 4 empty holes, can I still continue to use the standard gauges? Or is the c10 an all or nothing setup? Boat is a blue wave pure bay 20'

I'd post pictures of the current wiring setup at the console, but the boat is in storage and it will be a few days. Just curious what I need to plan for, I'm not real certain on what parts are needed.

Thanks in advance.

-hw
    Last edited by hw1353; 04-19-2021, 10:04 PM. Reason: typo / tags

If you truly do have the Faria gauge (who put that on a 2018 engine????) then I am pretty sure it is connected to a hub that is in turn, connected to the engine gauge harness plug

The C-10 only works when it is connected to an engine interface cable via a NMEA2000 network. The interface cable will have to be connected to the same harness plug that the Faria hub is connected to. Ergo, you cannot have the Faria setup and C-10 at the same time.

The fuel gauge is standalone so it can stay. The voltage gauge will depend on whether it is coming direct from the battery or from the engine harness, or is connected to that Faria hub. But it will be somewhat superfluous anyway because the C-10 shows alternator voltage direct from the engine ecu.

I am a bit confused about this other “warning light gauge” that you have?? Again, where is it connected to? If its the Faria hub, then ypu will know the answer from what I have already said.

It would be best if you can post photos of the dash and also the harness and connections behind the dash so we can get a better idea of what you have.

FYI here is the list of data that is sent to the network via the interface cable, and can therefore be displayed on the C-10:

Engine data transmitted to network

RPM, alternator voltage, engine temperature, engine hours, trim, fuel flow rate, fuel used, seasonal fuel used, trip fuel used. Engine diagnostics are also transmitted from later models.
    Engines with Fly-By-Wire digital throttle control also get transmission gear.

You can also get additional sensors including water speed, water pressure, fluid levels, and water temperature to add to your network or engine.

The other option of course is the Suzuki SMG4 gauge. Looks similar to the C-10 except has rounded corners. Its almost bullet proof in terms of reliability and pretty sure you get troll mode functionality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfaAR4P1Fgk

Comment

i may have been mistaken about the gauge. its probably not a faria.

i also incorrectly described it.

I have this picture of the gauge itself on my phone, has the warning lights above it, and the hour meter below(not all together as i said, my apologies). I'll get a picture of the wiring underneath the console in a day or two.

IMG_1496.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X