DF15A oil light reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF15A oil light reset

Can't find my owners manual and need to reset the oil change warning light on my DF15A with electric start.

I think you have to pull the emergency stop three times to reset the oil change warning. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Comment

I tried removing the e-stop clip then pulling out the e-stop button 3 times within 10 seconds. It didn't change the blinking. I did this procedure many different ways.
        - engine running pull e-stop lanyard the pull button 3 times
        - engine not running pull e-stop lanyard pull button 3 times
        - engine not running pull e-stop lanyard disconnect starting battery pull button 3
        times

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

You don't mention whether the motor is tiller or remote. It appears that the DF15A is only available as tiller, so I'll assume that's what you have. (I have a DF25A Remote, and I'm looking in the manual.) It says FOR TILLER ENGINE:

(1) Start the motor. Make sure that the motor is in Neutral and the throttle grip is fully closed.

Note: The engine stops when the engine stop button is pushed for more than 0.5 seconds.

(2) Push the engine stop button briefly three times within three seconds so that the engine does not stall.

The red OIL lamp is no longer lit when the reminder cancellation is successful.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give that a try in the morning. And yes, it's a tiller.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014DF25ARS View Post
              You don't mention whether the motor is tiller or remote. It appears that the DF15A is only available as tiller, so I'll assume that's what you have. (I have a DF25A Remote, and I'm looking in the manual.) It says FOR TILLER ENGINE:

(1) Start the motor. Make sure that the motor is in Neutral and the throttle grip is fully closed.

Note: The engine stops when the engine stop button is pushed for more than 0.5 seconds.

(2) Push the engine stop button briefly three times within three seconds so that the engine does not stall.

The red OIL lamp is no longer lit when the reminder cancellation is successful.
              THIS WORKED!!!! Thank you 2014DF25ARS

Comment

You're welcome. The previous instructions (w/ the lanyard) were for REMOTE CONTROL engines (like mine).

Comment

Working...
                X