Gauge Compatibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauge Compatibility?

Can anyone tell me if the older round multifunction gauge PN 990C0-88165, is compatible with the 2016 DF150? Thanks.
    1985 Wellcraft Fisherman 248
    Suzuki DF300

While the old SMIS 4” gauge is generally compatible with newer engines, it can be problematic as it hasnt had any software updates for at least 7 or 8 years.

I would honestly not recommend it for a 2016 engine, but if you were to use it, you would want to update it to gauge software version 2.7.5 if it wasnt running that version already.

Comment

Thanks. I’m guessing or hoping several gauge versions are out sense the 4 strokes made the scene. My boat is a simple mostly inland and ICW boat. Having a hard time justifying spending $600-$700 for a fancy gauge. Can you recommend a model I might find used that will work well with the 2016 engine. Thanks.
      Suzuki DF300

Comment

Have a read of the document attached to this thread. In short, there is no cheap option.

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...a2000-networks

All digital gauges, including that SMIS gauge you were inquiring about, only work when connected to a NMEA2000 network and getting engine data from a engine interface cable.

The exception is the new (to the USA we in the rest of the woeld had it since 2015) Suzuki SMG4 digital gauge.

Comment

Jeeesh, why does everything have to be so complicated, but thanks. I had to give it a shot.
          Suzuki DF300

Comment

Working...
          X