DF250ap coolant pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF250ap coolant pressure

I am trying to add coolant pressure to my Garmin display. I have run across 3 different part numbers, so Im not sure exactly which one will work for me. I have a pair of 2016 DF250APX engines. They were purchased in Bahrain and use the Suzuki Square Multi Function gauges with NMEA2k Output. Everything for the engine is displayed fine. I am not picky about which one, I just want to be able to monitor cooling pressure on either my MFGs or my Garmin display. The parts I found are:

34970-98J02 Coolant pressure kit (looks like a sensor, harness, and tee

34960-88L00-000 Coolant pressure sensor (looks like the navico/lowrance unit and plugs into the NMEA2k network)

000-11523-001 Pressure sensor (Navico unit that plugs into NMEA2k network)

Thanks in advance for any info. My dealer is lost on this.

My Dealers were also lost on my 2016 DF140A.

They originally sold me a water pressure sensor kit, and from what I remembered it only worked with a few outboards. It was in the installation instructions for which motors it works for, but I cannot remember exactly. For some reason the 70, 90, and 300 hundred come to mind. I cannot remember seeing a 250 in there.

I believe it maybe in their parts and accessories catalog that has that information in fine print.

34970-98J02 Coolant pressure kit (sensor, adapter, hoses, clamps and tee)
    I don't think the kit is an option for your motors. If you can use the kit, I think that would be your simplest option. You put the sensor in the holder, attach it to the secure point on the motor, connect to a water pressure line, and then to the engine harness connector already at the motor. Then the signal travels through the engine harness to the NMEA2k network.

34960-88L00-000 and 000-11523-001 (NMEA2k pressure sensor)
    These two sensors should be identical. Navico /Lowrance makes them for Suzuki. With them you will need to run a hose off of a water pressure line from the motor and to the water pressure sensor that connects to the NMEA2k network. I believe the cable length is only 10 FT for the sensor. You may need this adapter kit for the motors also 34660-93J00-000, or you can just use a tee.
    Last edited by Nayna32; 05-12-2017, 12:20 AM. Reason: Added Info
    Henry

Comment

I actually was planning to order the Suzuki kit you mentioned. However, its not list in the dealers catalog, so we were unsure if it would work or not. It is by far the easiest and simplest solution. Too late now though. The dealer talked me out of that and into the lowrance version. Its not too bad, just have to run 2 more cables to the console. I will be trying it out soon and will post results.

Comment

Working...
      X