Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 DF 70 engine side fuel line connector missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 DF 70 engine side fuel line connector missing?

Hi all. Last year I repowered my pontoon with a new DF70 and had it installed by the local dealer. It hasn’t even been in the water yet. Before putting it in the water for the season I went to purge the fuel line from old fuel. I then noticed that there was a fuel line disconnect at the tank but on the engine side there was no disconnect and it’s hard wired to the engine. I called the dealer and they said this was normal and I’m welcome to come in to buy more parts. Doesn’t sound right to me as I looked up a parts diagram and the fuel line shows a disconnect on the engine side. Am I going crazy thinking it shouldn’t have been plumbed directly to the motor with no disconnect?

Normal where I am to have mid range and larger hp engines connected as the dealer has done.

Comment

I’m not sure what that means. So hard plumbed is normal?

Comment

How your dealer has done it (hard plumbed as you call it) is the normal practice by all dealers that I know. Suzuki or Yamaha.

Hope that is crystal clear for you now. Its not likely that the dealer will have taken the M fitting off the front of the engine in order to run the lines direct.

Its a 4 stroke, so no oil in the fuel. If you treated the fuel before storing the boat for a few months in cold conditions where it doesn’t deteriorate much anyway, I question if there is much to be gained by draining the lines??

Just a note: its strongly recommended to run a good water separating fuel filter between the tank and the engine. Aka like a Racor style with the clear bowl that has the drain plug.

If you dont have one this might be an opportunity ti fit one, and you can easily drain the fuel from the filter if you want to. Leaving only a short run to the engine. You could put a Suzuki click on/off fitting onto either side of the filter head too if you think that might be useful.

These modern efi engines do not like dirty fuel or water in it. Best to keep it out and save big $$ on the repairs if contaminated fuel gets to the fuel pump and rails etc.
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 05-07-2021, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Thank you. Exactly the detail I was looking for! I’ll order the filter now based on your advice.

Comment

Working...
          X