Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF40a CMP failure, or so it thinks

Evening folks,
    I have a 2013 DF40ATL, and its been giving me fits since last September. I can not get the cmp sensor code to go away. I have the SDS 7.0, the cable etc, which was how eventually I figured out what it was trying to tell me. I have replaced the sensor, which was easy, but the code still persists. I have followed the manuals troubleshooting steps, but wondering if the ground is broken somewhere. I do not have the fan out special diag connectors to see what voltage the ecu sees, but it gets 12.8v on Blue/Black, 4.8 on the yellow, and nothing on the black/white. The manual says to test with a good known working ecu and try again. My only problem, my nearest dealer/service place is 450 air miles away. Is there anything else I can try to pin out and do continuity tests on etc? The ecu for this thing is spendy and at the moment dont have the $$ to spring for one. I depend on this thing as I commute 7 miles everyday on a river to get to and from work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

What is the actual code number?

I would check your connectors at the ECM and CMP Sensor first for fit, function, and corrosion.

It appears you have power, and a reference voltage at the sensors connector. This mostly eliminates the idea of these wires being faulty.

The black /white wire is for the sensor grounding circuit. You should be able to check for continuity to ground, and verify if there is an open in the wire.

I would also look inside the CMP sensor hole, and verify the trigger is not damaged, broken, or loose.
    Henry

Comment

Working...
    X