Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suzuki DF50 - can't get it started and keep it running - suspect high pressure pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the one on ebay should work

Comment

Ah! Thanks. I was wondering why the needle moved when I turned it on. I'll have to look at it again and see the hours. Yes, I have turned the key on and waited (4 seconds I believe) for the pump to prime the engine after I primed it with the squeeze bulb. The software and cable should ship out tomorrow, so I'll probably have that read to test later this week.
      Thanks again for the advice. I'm new to these larger outboards, my old sailboat just had a little 6hp Honda that was absolutely flawless the years I owned it.
      Tom

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      Engine hours are indicated on the tach when the key is turned to on (where it beeps), you should see the tach needle jump up for a moment. That tells you the engine hrs approx. eg if it jumps to 5000rmp = 500 hours.

By the way, when starting these engines, you turn the key to on, wait for the beep to finish, then proceed to turn the key to onwards the cranking position to start it.

Comment

As expected, I can't get the computer connecting to the motor. COM1 is set and everything. Just like everyone else that have used this software an cable.

Comment

Working...
        X