Nema to DF25A to Lowrance help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nema to DF25A to Lowrance help

I need some help figuring out hooking up nema to a 25hp suzuki. 2017 or a 2018 to a Lowrance 7Ti.

I had it working a year ago . But I was using some thermostat wire to connect interface 4-wire connector to the engine.

I took the motor off the boat last year and disconnected the wires and not 100% sure how to put it back.

I want to do it correct this time and understand the other wires on interface cable and main wiring harnes from throttle controller.

I never was able to get trim working with the Lowrance.

I labeled all the connectors I could find in some pictures. But can not put them in the message. I could email them to you.
    Can you tell me what each connector and cable is used for?

If I can find the correct connectors. I can make my own cable going from the 4-wire interface connector to the engine.

I never was very good with these forums. And a couple recent concussion hasn't helped.

On another topic.
    I have the 25hp suzuki an a 30hp e-tec 2015. Both mounted on my boat.

Any issues over charging the battery if hooked up to both running motors?

And can I run both motors at the same time off of one gas tank?

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files

Even more pics for original most
    Pictures 1-13.
    Can you tell me the purpose for each connector/ wire
    Or provide a link or diagram?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

Have a read of the document attached to this thread, it e plains a lot, including how to make a SDS adapter cable and its wiring.

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...a2000-networks

Im going away on holidays tomorrow for a week or so, wont have much internet access probably.

And so in the meantime hopefully someone else may chime in re engine harness issues.
      Last edited by Moonlighter; 05-07-2021, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I hope you enjoyed your trip. And thanks for the link above.
        I eventually got my Lowrance communicating with my 2017 25hp suzuki. BUT.... it didn't start working until I hooked up the white wire to the 4/plug.

Why in one of the articles did it say "dont hook up the white wire" long story short that I will post after I do a little more testing. I had motor issues on my trip after hooking up nema.

Motor would run fine at high speed . Then bog down. Turn off key. Restart. And it would be fine for a while.

On the last day of trip I belive I saw the rpms on the Lowrance blip to over 7000 as it bogged down. But engine did not sound any different when it did this. Probably running at 5400 rom at 17 miles per hour.

Could the white wire have any way of confusing the computer.

One thing I am checking out is possible gas tank/bulb issues /water in gas. On the trip I tried two different tanks and bulbs with mixed results

Should the clear filter / water separator in back of engine always be full?

I drained it and that other thing (vsp) a few times.

I have a suzuki sds scanner hooked up after the trip. No codes. My water temp was always 147 on trip.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I did see an article showing two different wiring options of the sds plug connection.
        My did not mach either one
        I will post how I did it later.

Comment

The adapter cable only needs 3 wires to be connected….

Power +
          Power -
          Data.

If you get the first 2 right, which shouldnt be hard using a miltmeter if you cant figure out the colours, then there is only one more wire required to be connected. That can be tested by trial and error.

Also, dont put the adapter cable on backwards - by that, I mean there is an engine end and a interface end. Make sure that is done right or there will be problems.

If the engine runs properly without the network connected, but doesnt when it is connected, then there is obviously a problem with the network wiring.

Comment

Working...
          X