• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 250 shutting down intermittently

2013 DF250 with 600 hours on it.
    Engine interface cable to NMEA2000 which goes to a Simrad NSS evo 3

Short version:
    I have intermittent data going to my MFD and an engine that seems to turn itself off for no apparent reason; anyone had something similar happen?

Long version:
    Two weekends ago I put the boat in the water after the winter, fired it up to take it to the slip and noticed that I wasn’t getting engine information on the Simrad, this has happened once before so I just ordered a new engine interface cable, put the batteries on charge and thought no more of it.

Fast forward to this weekend, I install the new interface cable and I’m getting sporadic fuel information, any data in regards to fuel flow, level or range blink on and off without any pattern.

Took the boat for a ride so we head out of the inlet, I raise the throttle up and the engine cuts off right as it passes 4000 RPM. I think I heard two beeps from the alarm but can’t be sure.

Turn the key off, put the boat in neutral and it started without hesitation.
    Let it idle a bit and slowly raised the throttle to get up on plane and we continued on for about 15 minutes with speed in all ranges including WOT, fuel information would come and go.

We were only out for about an hour and the Engine shut down three other times; but always started right back up.

Has anyone had a similar issue with intermittent engine data along with stalling?
    Last edited by StandingSeam; 05-09-2021, 10:21 AM.

please read the White Wire sticky
    Art

Comment

Did you make sure to get the correct version interface cable? Should be version 3.5.4 or 3.5.7

If that is correct, I have heard a small number of cases where a faulty interface cable has caused engine running issues. So try removing the interface cable and see how it runs then.

Comment

there seems to be a conflict between the grayscale Suzuki gauge and the Simrad so I wiped everything out and re-configured, the fuel quantity and use blinks on and off once in a while, it seems to do it especially when coming off plane which might be a voltage problem? .

I got after all the connectors going to the negative lug and found lots of corrosion, replaced/cleaned and after a two hour trial the motor never quit, thank you all.

Comment

Working...
        X