Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF140 Hard to Shift into Forward or Reverse sometimes

Hi All,

New to the boating world so I appreciate any advice. I have a 2016 DF140ATX since it was new and remembered it always shifted like butter. Recently, I noticed with the engine shut off, i get a lot of resistance when shifting into forward but not reverse. What is strange is that a few days go by and I try again, it shifts like butter in forward but a lot of resistance to engage reverse.

I found some help on here saying to disconnect the shift cable at the engine to trouble shoot first which I have yet to do and also seen that it’s likely the shifter bushing. Just wondering if anyone had the same experience as me where some days one gear is easy to shift into and some days it’s not.

thanks in advance!

Isn't there a Zirk fitting at the engine where the neutral switch is?

Comment

Why are you shifting gears when the engine is shut off?

The gears will not engage properly most times when the engine is shut off.

Try it again with the engine running,

Comment

Rookie mistake. Shifts like butter with the engine on. Thanks for the help again and should have done that first lol. Thought it should have shifted easily with the engine off given that it was easy to shift one of the directions but I was wrong

Comment

Working...
        X