Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 df150 Suzuki

Hi all,
    I am going to try and explain the best I can.
    I need some help with to solve an issue with my 2006 df engine, I recent bought the engine with 409 hrs and it was set up analog gauges- note all gauges were working before so I decided change and set up a nema 2k system with LMF 400 gauges v2.6 and 3.5 interface connected to the engine using the original harness that was with the engine,I already changed the old circle connection to the new square connection to receive the interface on the engine but nothing happened.

When I started the engine-no RPM reading on the gauges,fuel etc, I reconfigure the engine I basically went thru all the setting to see if I can get some info from the engine but nothing happened numerous times and still nothing happened.

I contacted the Suzuki dealer and they came and connected the engine to their computer and it showed all the information while the engine was running-everything work ok.

When they connected the gauges back to the engine still no reading on the gauges.

Does anyone know what wrong with the my setup- I have seen post where it's said that it can be done.
    Need help please.

Island Boi

From what I understand the 3.5 will not work with your 2006 motor.

I would read the forum resource on the first page; N2K networks.
    http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...-networks.html

Interface software versions:
    Now the first thing is that you need to get an interface cable with the correct software version to work with your engine year. See below:

Version 3.5 (recommended for engines 2013 and later)

Version 2.9.0 (recommended for most pre-2013 engines

Version 2.5.0 (suits engines up to about 2011 where 2.9 doesn't work) -

Version 2.3.0 (suits early engines, up to about 2010) -

(Note: V 2.30 must be manually configured, where the others auto-detect the engine they are connected to. You need to use a Suzuki SMIS gauge, Lowrance HDS or Simrad MFD to do the configuration.)
    Last edited by Nayna32; 05-13-2017, 03:40 PM.
    Henry

Comment

Yep, I've got an '07 DF150. Using interface ver 2.30. Works like a charm. Moonlighter can help you straighten all of this out.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Yes, unfortunately you have the wrong interface cable. You will need to remove it and exchange it for one that has either software version # 2.3.0 # 2.5.0 installed. version 2.3.0 has to be configured to select correct year and hp.

Those cables are however getting a bit hard to find - depending on where you are located. In the US, contcat Mike at International Marine, he gets them in occasionally when he does repowers that need the new cables.

In Australia, contact Jon Eadie at Bayside Suzuki Marine, Cleveland. He can always get them new, although they are quite expensive here.

Most likely your SMIS gauges will also need their software changed to an earlier version as well, probably V 2.5 will do the job. To change software on these gauges yourself can only be done if you have a Navico MFD (Lowrance or Simrad) on your network, it can be done thru them.

Suggest you go to the first post on the following thread and read the paper attached to it, it will save you asking us lots of questions that are already answered there. If you then have any q's to clarify, come back and ask us.

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...-networks.html

The other thing is you might not have wired your replacement plug up correctly. To check if it is connecting to the motor, with the engine key turned on, in the SMIS menu, go into the menu, find the device list, and see if the Suzuki shows up on the list. If it doesnt, you may not have the pins placed correctly in the new square plug.

Actually, now that I think about it, on the earlier motors, it may not be possible to send digital data to the helm harness by changing the connection under the cowl. I do know that it works for motors 2012 and newer.

So, if you are sure that your replacement plug is wired correctly, and still no Suzuki device appears on your SMIS device list (bus devices) then you will need to get a SDS adapter cable and run it from the engine thru the rigging tube and up to the helm.
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 05-13-2017, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post
          Yep, I've got an '07 DF150. Using interface ver 2.30. Works like a charm. Moonlighter can help you straighten all of this out.
          Mike - are you only running digital gauges, or analogue plus digital?

Comment

Thanks for the information everyone.
            I did some rechecking on the wire installation and the yellow wire wasn't installed into the new interface- once that was done it worked no problem got all information from the engine work fine.
            There is another issue now on the lmf gauge v2.5 the check engine comes on display 4-5, 3-5, 3-6, 3-7, check control unit comm, check 2nd station, check throttle system, check shift control, check engine 5-4, check engine 4-6, not sure what it's trying to read once I exist from all that the lmf gauge works fine reading all information from the engine.

Comment

The errors are very likely to be due to software conflicts due to engine year, interface software version, and LMF versions not lining up properly.

Unless youre prepared to change some or all of those, you will be stuck with those errors.

Have a look at this info, it has the official Lowrance/Suzuki recommendations for software versions applicable to different engines.

http://www.lowrance.com/Suzuki

Also, even though you are now getting engine data, how does the fuel flow data you are getting look? Usually that is one of the big signs that interface sw is not correct - fuel flow typically reads far too high in those circumstances. At idle, when the engine is warmed up, what gph or litres/hr is it reading?

When fuel flow is wrong, this also makes fuel used data wrong as they are both sourced feom the same data.
              Last edited by Moonlighter; 05-14-2017, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
                Mike - are you only running digital gauges, or analogue plus digital?
                Running both, the original analogue and the NMEA digitals. LMF400. The only analog that I recently ditched was the speedo. I replaced that with a Faria GPS speedo. Got tired of clogged pitot. The Faria is nice. Has it's own built in GPS.
                Mike
                μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks moonlighted,
                  Haven't had chance to run the boat yet, will check the fuel flow, gph or liters/ hr once I run the boat.
                  I will change the interface version software and LMF version and see if the works with the website you referred.

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post
                    Running both, the original analogue and the NMEA digitals. LMF400. The only analog that I recently ditched was the speedo. I replaced that with a Faria GPS speedo. Got tired of clogged pitot. The Faria is nice. Has it's own built in GPS.
                    Nice. I agree the analog speedo is pretty well useless.

I couldnt recall if you had connected behind the dash or to SDS via adapter cable. Now I know.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Island boi View Post
                      Thanks moonlighted,
                      Haven't had chance to run the boat yet, will check the fuel flow, gph or liters/ hr once I run the boat.
                      I will change the interface version software and LMF version and see if the works with the website you referred.
                      Your interface cables software are most likely locked and cant be changed. New cables would be requird as I previously mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                      X