Clarifying NMEA2000 fuel remaining for DF100A 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarifying NMEA2000 fuel remaining for DF100A 2013

Hi guys, I've recently read the excellent NMEA2000 guide on this site by Moonlighter (thank you mate).

I'm just getting all the parts ready to go into the boat, I have the engine interface cable, a Lowrance HDS Live 7, and a couple of other bits and bobs.

I'm particularly interested in Fuel info I'll get on the MFD. The HDS Live in the store had a "Demo" screen for Suzuki outboards, and while it had fuel consumption data and all the engine info, I could NOT see "fuel remaining, or any "tank" related data.

Naturally I have an analogue gauge on the tank, but I'm wondering if I need another piece of gear to remember fuel-in-tank data so that it can be displayed on the MFD??

Any help is appreciated. Naturally, this will become self-evident when all the stuff is in the boat, but I've just come out of an operation, and won't be able to crawl around in there just yet to get it all setup. So if do need something extra, I can order that now while I'm cooling my jets on the couch.

Matthew P

As per the article in the sticky thread, you will be able to get fuel used, fuel remaining, trip fuel and seasonal fuel.

BUT also as per that article, you MUST complete the initial setup procedures including, in Vessel setup menu, setting the number of engines and fuel tanks, and total tank capacity.

You then get all that fuel info without adding anything else. The Suzuki interface cable has the memory module that keeps this data inbuilt. On other engines you need to add the Lowrance fuel data manager, but not on Suzuki, for that reason.

Comment

Working...
    X