Need Help Troubleshooting Suzuki DF90 Four Stroke Outboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Troubleshooting Suzuki DF90 Four Stroke Outboard

Just purchased a 2007 Carolina Skiff with Suzuki DF90 four stroke. It is running great, but the rev. limiter light is on and there is no buzzer when you turn over the key...the lights go through their sequence when you turn the key on, but again no buzzer and the rev. limiter light stays on. I enjoy working on outboards and am pretty good with them, but this has me puzzled. Any help is most appreciated. I am trying to avoid a trip to the dealer as that gets costly. Thanks in advance.

Lawdog.
    Do you have any signs of the buzzer working, On turn key it should sound! with Tach lights flashing during the startup procedure. If you are not hearing any sounds you may have a faulty buzzer

Comment

No sounds at all. I ordered me a new buzzer and will see if that corrects the problem. Thanks!

Comment

Buzzer

Same happened to me on a 2003 DF70
        I order one from my local motor factors and it was a handy fit. (Only two wires)
        I fitted it outside the control box, well hidden from any sea spray
        Its good to have buzzer as well as a flashing light that you might miss if your cruising.
        Hope this helps.

Comment

I am hoping that is all it is. Thanks

Comment

I replaced the buzzer and that is now working. The rev light is still on.

Comment

I had a bad gauge. I ordered a new one and put it on today...all good now.

New gauge and new buzzer for under $170 and the best part I was able to do it myself.

Comment

Good stuff. Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Comment

Working...
                X