Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF140 engine sounds "RAW"

Hi

When I launched the boat, a 23' center console with a DF140 2008, for the first time this year I felt or noticed a change in sound at idle. I live in the south of Sweden where the season is short and I might be remembering wrong.

When idling it sounds like when I do a test run on land with a water hose as if the muffler was "broken".

The engine runs normal and sounds normal on higher rpms.

I tested to put my finger on the small port next to the pilot tube, forcing the exhaust out through the prop and it went almost silent.

Am I'm just remembering things wrong or could there be a problem or blockage forcing the exhaust out the small port above the waterline?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgz98ct8bo..._0314.MOV?dl=0

This happed to my DF140, it was the exhaust restrictor, it had blown out and was missing. It's a $2 part. It is located next to were your tell tail water stream exits your engine. There is a port just to the left of the water stream that should have a donut shaped restrictor. It is just pressed in and the sometimes just fall out.

Jim

Comment

Thank you, I found a similar post on the internet and drove down to the marina in my lunch break. The restrictor is indeed missing, a $8 part in Sweden... but Im happy it was a simple issue!

K

Comment

Thanks for the response, it a good day when the fix is inexpensive and simple.

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X