Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New df25 was working, now won't turn over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New df25 was working, now won't turn over.

Hi guys - I have a brand new 2021 DF25 for my jon boat which I am in the final process of rigging. I have had the motor working wonderfully but needed to adjust the linkage from my Morse controls (yes, I use Morse duel levers). I have the side cover and top off for viewing while I make these adjustments.

Now when I turn the key to the on position, I get the startup beep noise but the engine refuses to turn over - no power to the the starter at all. It's as if the neutral safety switch is not working but I have shorted it out repeatedly trying to make this work.

Is there a fuse somewhere on this motor that might cause this problem? I can't think of anything else.

So... nevermind. I played with the linkage and it started right up. I thought that it should start in any gear as long as the switch was depressed, but it seems I am wrong.

Edit - additional question: After playing with the motor a bit, I see that it won't start either in forward or reverse regardless of the neutral safety switch position at the gear switch. I am fine with that, but it makes me think that I don't need the gear switch neutral switch at all. Am I wrong in thinking this?
    Last edited by mattsmall1972; 05-22-2021, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X