Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Suzuki multi function gauge can I use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Suzuki multi function gauge can I use?

Hi Guys,

New member and first time poster! Glad to be part of such an awesome community.

Ive just re-powered my boat with a 2012 140hp Suzuki. It came with the analog tacho, fuel and trim gauges, an SDS adapter cable, engine interface cable v2.7.0 and a garmin n2k starter kit. So from my research I believe I have the option now to display the data on my sounder, or can purchase and use a US c10 gauge or equivalent to display the data.

Does anyone have experience with and can shed some light on the different options:

1. Keeping analog gauges and displaying data on sounder.
    2. Getting rid of analog gauges and using a multi function gauge. If so, is the Suzuki old US C10 gauge still the only option? or does anyone have any experience with and can recommend any other type that wont cost me an arm and a leg? Cheers.
    Last edited by Bee888; 05-22-2021, 06:23 PM.

Please read the paper attached to this thread, it explains pretty well everything to answer your questions.

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...a2000-networks

Comment

Hi Moonlighter,

Thanks for your reply. I have this doc and been through it.
      Since it was written in 2016 I was curious if anything had changed and mainly looking for other boaters experience with the different methods you had highlighted.

Comment

Noting really significant has changed in terms of what you are considering.

C-10 is still the latest Suzuki digital gauge available for interface cable based systems.

You can still run digital gauges + analogue as per my paper.

The new Suzuki SMG4 digital gauge is only suitable for 2015 and newer engines, and the Suzuki Connect interface cable is only suitable for 2016 and newer.

So really there is nothing new to the situation.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I think i'll just keep it simple and keep my analog gauges, with engine data on my sounder as in your doc.
          Are you able to help with a wiring diagram for the analog gauges? Tried searching for one on here but cant find one. I have Tacho, fuel, and trim to wire up.

Comment

Working...
          X