No announcement yet.

NMEA 2000 Network Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your response, Moonlighter. I’ve been unable to locate any documentation on upgrading SMIS software via C-10. Can you pass along some links? Also, does the C-10 have a standard 4-pin UBS connector that accepts a memory stick? If not, what hardware do I need to copy the firmware from my PC to the C-10? I’d really like a clear plan before I head down that road. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by thissenw View Post
      Thanks for your response, Moonlighter. I’ve been unable to locate any documentation on upgrading SMIS software via C-10. Can you pass along some links? Also, does the C-10 have a standard 4-pin UBS connector that accepts a memory stick? If not, what hardware do I need to copy the firmware from my PC to the C-10? I’d really like a clear plan before I head down that road. Thanks.
      Ive not used the C-10 (we dont get them here in Aus). But they have a standard USB connector so yes, you should be able to simily connect it and attach your memory stick with the file loaded onto it.

You dont need any special hardware on your PC. Simply copy the file from that link to your PC, or copy and paste it to the memory stick. (Dont try to "run" it as it wont work. Just copy or save it.

When youve got the mem stick plugged into the C-10, go into the C10 menu, find the files menu, open it, select the memory stick, select the software update file, and upload. Its very simple.

Comment

You’ve been very patient, Moonlighter, thank you. But, I have another question. Your opinion, really. I bought the SMIS gauges used, so my buy-in was small. Does it make sense to bite the bullet and replace both SMIS with C-10s, and then just sell the SMIS units?

Comment

The C-10's would be much better. Better and clearer display, easier to use, and the functionality to upload software.

SMIS are very old technology and quite clunky to use. Do the job, but...... I would prefer the C-10's myself!

Still, its your money!

Comment

Just a reply to say thanks to Moonlighter for all the advice. Installed the C10s and everything is functional. Your guidance was key.

Comment

Good to hear!!

Comment

Working...
              X