Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 250 shutting after same run time.

2012 DF250

Motor cuts out at various RPM but usually after the exact same amount of run time.

I’ll be moving along just fine on plane and the motor just shuts off. I’ll put it in neutral and turn the key off, if I switch it on and get a long tone the motor will start right back up.

If I get a short tone it will crank but not start so I go through a process of turning off the battery, putting the shifter through F-N-R, tuning the key on and off and various other processes before I get a long tone and it starts right up. I have no idea if what I am doing here is helpful or if it just needs time to reset itself.

The motor will cut off three or four times right after the same approximate amount of run time but once I get it going after the third or fourth stall it will run perfectly for the rest of the day. I know it’s cutting off after the same amount of run time because of the blank areas in my tracks on my GPS.

The fuel filters were changed in the spring, I have brightened and protected all of the electrical connections from the battery lugs to the motor, the batteries are charged, the water separator shows nothing and I’m at a loss.

Any ideas?

Sounds like an electrical issue.

I’d be looking at the neutral switch in the throttle box. The one that prevents the engine being started when its in gear. And also, at the kill switch - the one that the lanyard is attached to on the same throttle box.

We have seen a few reports here where water had gotten into the throttle box and caused corrosion damage to those switches/connections.

It sounds plausible that all the wriggling of the shifter and turning things in and off may cause it to reconnect.

You would need to take the throttle box apart to look at this. If you use the “Buy Suzuki Parts” link in the blue line at the top of this forum, then put in your engine details, you will get to a parts listing and be able to select the throttle box you have to see an exploded view, to help you with trouble shooting.

Comment

Working...
    X