Low fuel alarm 2014 DF 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low fuel alarm 2014 DF 115

I have a low fuel alarm on the starboard engine. The screen shows low fuel alarm on all three dials, and I cannot enter any data on any of the screens due to the low fuel alarm.
    How do I override the alarm to enter fuel data?
    I am new to this forum.

What electronics are you using that is telling you low fuel?

Comment

There are three 4" round dials

Comment

This is a Suzuki system (SIMS) 4" displays

Comment

What happens if you hit the menu key?

Comment

Nothing happens. The "low fuel S engine" display stays in the middle of the screen. If you hit the EXIT key, you have a second or two to press the MENU or Up or Down key before the alarm begins again.
            I started all over from scratch this morning. 6 gallons of rec 90 topped off the starboard tank. I turned the ignition switch on, and the alarm activated. I have 4 batteries, two go to my trolling motor. Fourth battery I checked showed 8.1 volts. It is not hooked up to on board battery charger. The other three had 12.59 to 12.67 V. I hooked up charger to fourth battery to send this info. I will let you know how this may have affected this issue.

Comment

Low voltage to the network will definitely cause these kinds of issues. The gauges get power from the network.

Check where the network power is connected, and find out if it is supplied by the low battery.

A battery that low may no longer hold a charge.

Equally, low voltage to the engine is also a big problem. The Suzukis electronics do not like it and can di strange things.

Comment

With 4th battery charged, and topped off tank, the alarm did not come on.
                Went to fuel and input refilled tank. No alarm activity since. On the water 5 hours yesterday with no problems. 😀

Comment

Keep those batteries charged up!

Glad you found the cause.

Comment

Moonlighter, Hello Sir! You helped me figure out a NMEA 2000 issue a couple of years ago and I am hopeful you can help me again. I am getting a "Low Fuel" warning that won't clear. I have a single engine (2011 DF150) and the tank is full, and fuel setup reset to 100%. I read in this post where you offered advice in a similar situation. Here is what happened: Everything has been working just perfectly. 2weeks ago I used the boat and accidently left the key on while the boat was stored in my garage. When I discovered that, I plugged in my on board charger (dual charger for 2 starting batteries, controlled and selected by a Perko "1 / 2 / both / off" switch. The low fuel warning comes on just on one gauge when I turn on the key after a few seconds. If i push the exit button on the gauge, and it goes off for about 1-2 seconds and comes right back. I have done that dozens of times. The batteries are now fully charged, and I have selected the stronger battery (at about 12.9VDC). I tried turning off (disconnect form battery) for a while and that changed nothing. I pulled the boat out of the garage. connected the hose to "earmuffs" on the lower unit, and ran the engine at idle for a few minutes - still wont clear. I am at a loss. If you have any suggestions on clearing this I will be grateful! Thanks in advance.

Frank Sevin
                    Louisiana USA

Comment

Given the responses to the old thread and the solution revolved around network power supply, I would first look at network power connections behind the dash.

Make sure the + wire connection is good and the fuse and fuse holder are clean. Then check the negative wire and the neg busbar, and battery and main switch connections to be sure they are all clean of corrosion.

I would then try to get into the network menu and check the vessel setup in case the settings (eg tank capacity) have been lost.

If the problem still persists after that, I would try to unconfigure then reconfigure the interface.

The above are just trouble shooting suggestions, they are not sure fire solutions by any means. This is only the second time I have seen this problem occur.

Comment

Working...
                      X