02 df50 water pressure relief valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 df50 water pressure relief valve

Engine was overheating changed out water pump still overheating. Thinking at this point it’s thermostat or water pressure relief valve having a hard time locating that water pressure relief valve I’m thinking it’s above lower unit but below the block. Any input from you fine folks? Gonna pull thermostat and test it and push water from the top down to try and push any junk out. Thanks

I'm having a similar same issue. So I changed the impellor & the thermostat...no diiference.
    Then I discovered blockages in the water channels, especially around the anodes side. So I ran Barnacle Buster to clean them out. No difference.
    Then I bought a cheap pressure gauge and attached it to the block....no pressure reading.
    So i pulled off the lower unit and connected a hose to the inlet pipe. This way I could varify the impellor wasn't the issue....still no pressure.
    I noticed when easing the hose water into the engine, water was coming down through the leg even before the tell tale gets going. So it's impossible for the system to build pressure as the water is running straight out. There's a major "leak" in the system.
    Now I've set my sights on the water pressure valve. On my DF50, it's under the oil pan. That requires removal of the powerhead. Eek! It's getting real now!
    If you want to test your water pressure, here's what I'd do now given my recent learnings....remove the thermostat housing, take out the thermostat, take off the water return hose which attaches to the thermostat housing, re-install the housing, start the engine, and use your hand or thumb or something to block the hole. If you can hold the water back without it squirting past your whatever you're using to block the hole, I'd suggest there's a lack of pressure. And probably a lack of water flow through the engine. That's def the case with mine anyway.

Comment

Did you fix it?

Comment

Any update?

Comment

Working...
        X