C10 Gauges not displaying Port Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C10 Gauges not displaying Port Engine

I have twin 2016 300s. Middle of the trip on Saturday I get dashes for Port engine info. If I go into Settings/Network/Devices/Port Eng/Data the current data is there; fuel rate, volts, temp, etc. So, the gauge is getting the data from the motor, it's just not displaying it.

Sometimes network data sources get lost.

Whenever data that is normally there goes missing, there is a go-to procedure that usually fixes it. Its called running an auto select for network data sources. Even if it doesnt work, there is no downside to doing it.

1. Turn every display etc that is connected to the NMEA2000 network on. Both engine keys to on, but engines dont need to be running.

2. in one of the C-10 gauges (only do this on one gauge, it resets them all) go menu/system/network/sources then select the option to Auto Select. Follow the prompts to complete it. You will see a scary sounding warning pop up but yes, you do want to do this procedure, so go ahead and do it.

Let us know how that goes. If it works, make a note of this procedure so you have it for future reference.

Comment

Worked on the second try. Thanks. What I don't understand is that the data was going to the gauge, it just wasn't displaying.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteRhino View Post
        Worked on the second try. Thanks. What I don't understand is that the data was going to the gauge, it just wasn't displaying.
        The data was still being sent to the NETWORK, the gauge had just forgotten where to look to get it from. Resetting data sources fixed that issue.

Comment

Working...
        X