Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 Suzuki 300 - I think its a fuel flow issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Suzuki 300 - I think its a fuel flow issue?

Im having a slight hiccup that I want to remedy before it becomes a larger one. one in every 5 trips or so I run into an issue where... if I shut the motors down after running them and then crack back up after some time off.. they sputter out and die Twin 300 Suzuki (2007)
    • They never sputter out on the "initial run" of the day
    • If I dont turn them off they will run all day no issue
    • If we're sandbar or bar hopping.. (on and off through the day) they potentially will die out.. a few min later and a crank will get one moving usually.. I get the boat moving and crank the other and its good.
    • Once I go through this "process" they will run fine for the rest of the time they are cranked.
    • The fuel balls arent rock hard. arent collapsed either. newer oil water separators

Whats the likely culprit. VST? it effects both motors so Im almost sure its a fuel flow stop somehwere. Just not sure what makes it only happen after a shut down. Its never happened on the initial crank of the day.. Any isight would be helpful!!

Thanks

After you shut them down, does it require you to pump primer bulb. I have gone to SS crush rings for clamps and my bulb stays rock hard. Something about the screw clamps always getting tired after one or two seasons. If you require pumping bulb, there is probably a leak.

Comment

I would also suggest giving the electrical connections a good clean up. Its very important that the engines get good voltage, and if they dont, these gremlins can creep in.

Pay attention to the battery terminals and also find the white wire connection and its fuse, and clean them all up and check the white wire fuse holder and fuse to make sure they are clean and corrosion free.

This may not end up being the issue, but at least it eliminates a possible cause and its just a good thing to do anyway.

Comment

I will do both thank you! Ran all day yesterday with no issues. 9am til 7pm. Ddint turn them off though

Comment

Originally posted by briscoe View Post
          After you shut them down, does it require you to pump primer bulb. I have gone to SS crush rings for clamps and my bulb stays rock hard. Something about the screw clamps always getting tired after one or two seasons. If you require pumping bulb, there is probably a leak.

It doesnt.. but I will get some new clamps.

Comment

Working...
          X