2004 Suzuki DF140 No Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Suzuki DF140 No Power

I had previously posted that I purchased a used 2005 DF140. Manual I received confirmed this. Some things did not match up so I did some investigation and based on serial number it is actually an 04. Ok so I hooked up the harness over the weekend and when I plugged in the harness on the motor end I heard a beep which I thought showing it came to life. Tried to see if I had power and turned key to see if it would turn over and nothing. It is an 8 pin connection with the two separate wires. All connected. On the other end key and kill switch all connected. There are three wires left over - I thought they go to gauges. Anyone have any ideas?

On my 2007 DF140s, a beep from the warning buzzers will sound when the key is switched to on. The buzzers sound for about 3 seconds whether my battery switches are on or off. If you are sure you are getting good voltage to the engine and the engine is not attempting to crank, make sure you're in neutral - I know you probably checked this but I've made this mistake more than a couple of times.

Also, the service manual is definitely worth the purchase if you don't have one.

Note that without your tach hooked up, you'll not be able to get error codes easily.
    Last edited by macedonia; 05-30-2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X