Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonlighter can you help Me?

Good Morning,
    I just repowered from a 2019 DF200 A to a 2021 DF 250 ss . All of my data showed up on the 200 A but I have lost the trim data with the 250ss. I can't read trim on any of my units. Humminbird Solix or Lowrance. Can you help me figure this out? Thanks in advance ... Rick M

1. Check that the trim plug for the interface was reconnected to the new engine’s harness behind the dash.

2. with engine key turned on, in the Lowrance’s menu, open the network menu and select the device list and then select the Suzuki device. I think from memory that you then select configure and there is an option there to calibrate trim. Follow the prompts.

Comment

Thanks Moonlighter

Comment

After doing the Configure procedure now the trim gauge is reading, but not correct and very erratic. 10% 37% 60% just jumping all over .Reads the same on the Lowrance and Humminbird which tells me I need to update something. Just seems strange it would have worked perfect on my 2019 and not the 2021 . I have the latest 3.5.4 software version interface but must need an update on something.
        Thank You

Comment

It may be the trim sender on the engine being sticky…. Just guessing though. Its just a plastic arm, so have a look at it and see if its binding or not.

There is a new (2020) software version V3.5.7 that is loaded on new cables. It appears to be just a minor update and I dont know what the reason was for its release. Nobody Ive spoken to in the US seems to know, and also we dont know what engine years its recommended to be used - although 2020 onwards sounds logical.

I havent yet been able to obtain a copy of the software file. Because Suzuki in Australia doesnt use the interface cable based gauges any more, they dont seem to know much about this version.

Rick - do you think you could inquire with your Suzuki dealer, perhaps you could ask them if they have or can obtain for you the 3.5.7 update file, or can get it from their regional Suzuki rep?

If you can get it, its easy to upload it via the Lowrance. Its a 5 minute job, tops.

Comment

Ok I was able to find out what the issue is . The DF 200 A series of engine has a Digital Sender for the trim gauge. The DF 250 s is old school and has an analog sender. Therefore the signal to the Head unit is in analog and it is looking for digital. George at Brownspoint Marine helped me out on this. The 250 SS series of engine is kind of old technology in that some things are not up to speed with the newer designed engines. No easy start, No bottom trim limiter just the tilt limiter , no lean burn , etc etc

Comment

So are you saying that to fix it, you had to connect the 2 pin trim connector on the interface cable to the trim plug in the gauge harness? Or ??

Comment

Did you ask George about interface software version 3.5.7?

He’s a great guy, it would be sooooooo helpful if we could obtain a copy of that software file!!

Comment

I decided to live with it not working on my head unit,everything else works perfect with exception of the trim reading. I have an analog trim gauge and it works perfect. George said if I wired the two wire connector to the interface I would have to disconnect the analog gauge and that it would probably not work perfect due to the analog signal from the trim sendor. Did not ask about the sofware update on the interface.

Comment

Ok now I understand - you have both analogue and digital trim gauges !!

That explains the issue. You really cant do that, as you have discovered.

Its one or the other.

Comment

Thanks for you info and help on this , Rick

Comment

Working...
                      X