No announcement yet.

Another NMEA question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may be able to source one (new) locally here, but I think they are quite expensive. Do you want me to check for you? The exchange rate though may help a bit?

Comment

If you want to help, that should be fantastic!!
      Regards, Martin
      DF200 2007

Comment

Ok, I spoke to my friend Jon Eadie who is dealer principal at our local Suzuki dealer. He is also a Suzuki master technician and the most knowledgeable person on Suzuki networks around. Ive known him for maybe 15 years.

He has new interface cables that can be flashed to whatever software version you need, and he also sometimes has used cables.

Here is his contact page on his website. While he is not set up to do internet sales, he will reply to your message and a purchase can be arranged. Tell him that Grant recommended him!

Make sure you tell him what version you need.

Also, he will have available adapter cables to suit your motor. Ask and I am pretty sure he will tell you that they are the loooong ones that will run from the emgine thru the rigging tube and up to the dash, so this means you can keep all the network T pieces and the interface cable nice and dry and cool up behind the dash.

Contact

Comment

Thnx grant! Just send him a message.
          Regards, Martin
          DF200 2007

Comment

I have a 2016 Suzuki 175, what do i need to run the engine data/interface onto my HDS12...? already have NEMA as well. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JOEKUE View Post
              I have a 2016 Suzuki 175, what do i need to run the engine data/interface onto my HDS12...? already have NEMA as well. thanks
              Assuming you already have Suzuki digital gauges on your network, you Just need to add one T piece to your network (between 2 existing ones), and then run a NMEA 2000 drop cable from that T to your HDS.

Piece of cake!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
                Assuming you already have Suzuki digital gauges on your network, you Just need to add one T piece to your network (between 2 existing ones), and then run a NMEA 2000 drop cable from that T to your HDS.

Piece of cake!

I don't have a digital gauge, only the standard one with rpm, hr usage, oil, temp, etc. I have NMEA but they are only for my fishfinder, sonichub, GPS puck.

Comment

Ok, then please read the "sticky" thread on this forum about Suzuki NMEA2000 networks. It tells you everything you need to know about how to set this up.

Comment

Grant,

Received no answer yet but that's not your concern. Will try to send another message.

But the real question, I know that the fuel flow is the big issue with newer software (290 or 350). What if I add an extra fuel flow sensor? Is that possible? Let's say part number 000-11517-001 (Lowrance fuel flow sensor)

Does that make sense? And how can I tell the system to use that fuel flow sensor and not the one from the engine?

Are there more things that will not work with newer software?
                    Regards, Martin
                    DF200 2007

Comment

Give him a little time ..... we just had our major boat show last week and he has been absolutely flat out getting ready for that then manning his stand at the show for 4 days etc, sold over a hundred new motors!

So be patient, I am sure he will get to you. Let me know if youve not heard back in a week's time and i will drop past his workshop and give him a nudge!

You are likely to have data conflicts with the fuel flow sensor added.

And the other issue with incompatible software versions is system stability.... not good.... data dropping in and out randomly. I wouldnt recommend it.
                      Last edited by Moonlighter; 09-07-2017, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Clear. Thanks for the clarification
                        Regards, Martin
                        DF200 2007

Comment

Hi Grant, when I set up the network apart from the boat (test if all works fine), can it be that my Go7 SE doesn't see the interface cable because it is not connected to the engine? I've borrowed a cable with probably the 290 software loaded but my simrad doesn't see the interface. It can see the EP-65R fluid sensor.
                          Regards, Martin
                          DF200 2007

Comment

Yes, the interface cable needs to be connected to the engine and the key "on" otherwise it doesnt communicate with the network. The interface gets power from its connection to the SDS port on the engine (the red wire).

Its the same for any network device - it only registers on the network when the device is powered on.

Some devices are powered by the network itself, so they will always be seen. I dare say the EP is one of them. The old SMIS gauges are powered by the network so will always be seen.

One of the other guys who contacted Bayside Suzuki heard back from them already, so if you havent heard maybe resend your message, it may have been missed.

Comment

Ah, that's the reason . I didn't got the interface connected to my "home setup network". Offcourse the EP-65R did communicate so I thought that I try to configure the Interface or maybe update the software if possible.

Seems that I have to put everything in the boat to test if it works.

FWIW, the Simrad GO7XSE is a beautifull screen.
                              Regards, Martin
                              DF200 2007

Comment

No problems. I think (not sure) that if you were to connect a 12v power supply to the pin connected to the red wire on the interface cable (engine end) then the Suzuki device may be alive on the device list and be able to be configured etc.

Yes the GO7xse is a nice unit!!

Once you have had it all running for a while with the engine connected, look at the "Trip Intel" section, with the engine key turned on you will see a record of every trip, time and distance travelled and fuel used. And an overall average of fuel used.

I stumbled on this the other day on my GO7xse when showing a friend the unit features, he was thinking of getting one.

Very neat stuff!
                                Last edited by Moonlighter; 09-12-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X