Suzuki Low Unit Housing Cracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Low Unit Housing Cracks

Hello all...I have a 2015 DF 200 outboard with 264 hours, second owner, always serviced at dealer, fresh water flush after each use. I have developed two cracks parallel to the waterline on each side of the lower unit housing, about 3" in length. I am in the last year of my warranty, Suzuki mechanic says it is a corrosion issue and he does not think Suzuki will cover to replace. Lower unit is fine, no damage to it itself, just the housing. Upset that Suzuki won't stand behind this but from what I have read not an uncommon issue. Cost to replace the housing is $1500 for the part plus labor. I have read where I can weld but assume that would not look great and potentially effect resale when I sell the boat. Anywhere that I can find the housing used? Looking forward to your thoughts, thanks guys.

Post some photos so we get a better idea if what has happened.

And no, this isnt something we see often on this forum, in fact I cant remember the last time. Quite the opposite, Suzuki lower units have a reputation for being pretty much bulletproof, even amongst the bassboat crowd.

Also, as yet you haven’t had a warranty claim refused. Tell your Suzuki dealer that you want to make a warranty claim and expect to have it properly assessed.

Comment

Working...
    X