How many internal anodes are there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many internal anodes are there?

I have a DF 175 2015. How many internal anodes are there. I can only find 5. Is there 6? If so where is it. Thank you.

Just 5. Two on the port side of the block, and three on the cylinder head, aft. On your DF175, there are 6 of the same type anode as the internals, the 6th is external on the front of the motor. All 6 are aluminum anodes.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks. It took a while to find the 6th one.

Comment

Can someone help me find the 6th anode on my 2013 df175, found the 5 easy ones but the 6th is very elusive. I have a service manual but cant find its location using it, and it's not in my lower unit like have seen in other videos

Comment

There are only 5 internal. If you bought 6 because a parts list indicates 6 of the round aluminum anodes, the sixth one is external and goes on the front of the outboard, on the outside, on the bottom of the swivel bracket. It's the same part, 55321-87J00, as the internal anodes.

Have a look at the parts diagram for the swivel bracket for your '13 DF175. It's part #13 in that diagram.
          Last edited by Harper; 10-16-2021, 10:07 PM.
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thank you very much, I was worried because how important the internal anodes are. That explains why the maintenance kit comes with 6 anodes and only 5 orings

Comment

Working...
            X