DT25 gets "stuck" at full throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT25 gets "stuck" at full throttle

Hey all. After having such good experiences with a pair of DT9.9 and DT15, I just bought a 1999 Suzuki DT25. This is the 2-cylinder version, which I for some reason can't find a whole lot of info about online. I'm also not the best at boat motor terminology, so bear with me.

This one has had a remote control fitted before, but I'm using the tiller. For some reason, it gets stuck at full throttle so it's not possible to ease it back down and it jumps right into almost idle. It's scary as heck! I've narrowed it down to have something to do with the throttle limiter plate vs. the throttle lever travel when turning the twist grip. Here's a quick video I shot of what happens when I use the throttle:

Basically the little throttle lever on the carb seems to exceed the throttle limiter plate and gets stuck in that notch at the top there. Looking at the carb while engaging the throttle, the valve doesn't open completely before it reaches the "stuck" position.

Did someone replace the throttle limiter with the wrong part at some point, or is it just a matter of a simple adjustment somewhere? I figured I can fashion an "extension" on the throttle limiter so the lever on the carb can travel all the way without jumping into that notch, but I don't like the idea of that being a permanent solution. Suggestions?
Working...
X