Df 140 fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df 140 fuel problem

I have a 2013 Df 140 that I purchased new. About 4 months ago it would run a few minuets and run out of fuel I'd pump the primer bulb and it would start and run a couple hundred yards so I changed fuel lines, both filters, primer bulb, all new clamps, and puled pickup tube and checked that, and the vent, it ran great until a week ago and now it runs great for ten minuets and runs out of fuel and won't start until I pump up the primer bulb and it will go great for another ten min. or so and same thing. The primer bulb will be soft and pumps up easy

This really sounds like a tank venting problem
    Some tanks have an anti-siphon device It had been mentioned here several times about removing the restrictor
    Also check the air vent - it had been know that spiders and the like make homes in these small vent holes
    I had a problem like the latter and used compressed air to blow out the vent
    Art

Comment

Hi Cozysj, I would run it on a separate tank with fresh fuel so you can determine whether its an engine problem or a a fuel or fuel tank related problem

Comment

Working...
      X