1-2 code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-2 code

I have the 1-2 Shift position sensor going off again. 2005 4 stroke 225. I had it go off a few months ago. I replaced it and it worked fine. The new one has recently started going on in Neutral. If I put it into forward it goes off and the boat runs great. Back to neutral and it goes to beeping and displaying on the gauge. I took it to the dealer and they said it was a bad ECU. I put a brand new one in and it is doing the exact same thing. Is there a way to adjust the throttle cables? Or do you think it is just another bad sensor? Every once in a while when going from neutral to forward or reverse and back to neutral it seems like I loose neutral and it clunks the transmission pretty hard. I keep reading that there is a sensor in the shifter but I cannot find a schematic or part number for one. New shifter or cables????? I am stumped on this one. Checked and tightened all connections from engine to batteries. Batteries are all new and check out good and good under load.

have the 1-2 Shift position sensor going off again. 2005 4 stroke 225. I had it go off a few months ago. I replaced it and it worked fine. The new one has recently started going on in Neutral. If I put it into forward it goes off and the boat runs great. Back to neutral and it goes to beeping and displaying on the gauge. I took it to the dealer and they said it was a bad ECU. I put a brand new one in and it is doing the exact same thing. Is there a way to adjust the throttle cables? Or do you think it is just another bad sensor? Every once in a while when going from neutral to forward or reverse and back to neutral it seems like I loose neutral and it clunks the transmission pretty hard. I keep reading that there is a sensor in the shifter but I cannot find a schematic or part number for one. New shifter or cables????? I am stumped on this one. Checked and tightened all connections from engine to batteries. Batteries are all new and check out good and good under load.

UPDATE:
    So I took the sensor off and hooked it up to a meter. When I turn it clockwise works perfect. So I had someone move the shifter forward and back and the plastic cam gear that goes into the sensor is not moving. Can someone tell me what is supposed to be happening that makes the cam rotate the gear? Is it spring loaded?

Comment

Working...
    X