Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trim rubbing

rubbing on right side as trim goes up or down last 2 inches 2003 df 115

Could you be a little more specific? What do you mean "rubbing"? Rubbng what?
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

the motor traveling on the bracket when you trim up or down

Comment

The inside bracket of the motor rubs on the outside bracket the last 2 inches of travel down. Once the brakets are offset the motor travels freely

Comment

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Can you stop the trim at the point where they are rubbing, take picture showing how they're rubbing together, and post the picture here?
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I will do Saturday

Comment

Here is a link to my problem only on the starboard side with pictures the same as mine
              https://keywestboatsforum.com/what-i...scr-t8576.html

Comment

Okay. That's clear now. Your motor is rubbing on the clamp bracket. When you tilt the motor up, completely clear of the clamp bracket, can you move the motor by pushing on the right side? In other words, is there play in the tilt shaft when you push on the motor? I've not seen the problem, but perhaps others have. However, I do think your answer most likely is found in the thread that you linked to, i.e., sanding the clamp bracket and repainting.
                Last edited by Harper; 07-16-2021, 11:18 PM.
                Mike
                μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Hi yes with the trim up the motor turns left and right
                  Thanks

Comment

No, I don't mean "turn". Push and see if the tilt shaft has play in it. They mention that in the thread. With the motor tilted all the way up, push sideways on the lower unit and see if it moves at the tilt shaft.
                    Mike
                    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

No movement with trim all the way up having my mechanic look at it, probably have to sand it.
                      thanks for your help, if anything changes I'll post here

Comment

Working...
                      X