2014 DF150 Beep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 DF150 Beep

New member here, just trying to get some input on my possible issue. I have a 2014 Suzuki df150.. has about 150 hours or so, always serviced no issues until now.
    This past weekend I was 20 miles or so from the dock and when I started it the engine surged to about 1400 rpm and shut down. From there the controls made 3 beeps.. started it again and it did fine, no alarms, no surge nothing! Ran as it should, came back to the dock as a precaution etc.
    after that it didn't throw another code all day, the following day it ran fine with no issues at all. When I was putting it on the trailer, I had the same beeps after start up.. one long beep followed by 3 short beeps.
    There is NO light flashing on the tach as my book says there should be... this motor is under warranty and I have an appointment to bring it in on the 10th of July. I am just curious for my own sake! Any input appreciated. Thanks

NCsportfisher,

Perhaps the below is the issue - but maybe not.

I have twin 2007 DF140 engines with analog gauges. In the 2001-2009 Service Manual, the oil change system will indicate when an oil change is required via the buzzer and oil change light. So when the switch is only turned on the buzzer(s) will sound one long beep then three short double beeps and the oil light will flash.

Perhaps Suzuki changed the buzzer sound in 2010 to single beeps - the service manual and perhaps the owners manual will inform you or a quick call to your dealer or BrownsPoint Marine and you'll probably get an answer. If it's the oil change system I think it will continue until the oil change system is reset. The reset instructions are in the service manual - folks on this site will highly recommend that you purchase one. Of course if it is the oil change system, then of course that service needs to be done - which you can do yourself via the service manual.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! However, it is not the oil change reminder.. with the symptoms it had I swore it was the IAC valve but I'm not 100% certain as it only beeps and does not blink on the gauge.
      Last edited by Ncsportfisher; 06-15-2017, 09:50 AM.

Comment

From the service manual for 2001-2009:

"SELF-DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM
        The self-diagnostic system alerts the operator when an abnormality occurs in a signal from sensor, switch, etc.
        When the system is activated, the “CHECK ENGINE” lamp flashes (lights intermittently) according to each code pattern along with a buzzer sound.
        When engine is running, the buzzer sounds a series of short (0.2 sec.) beeps.
        When engine is not running, the buzzer sounds according to each code pattern, but not simultaneous with the lamp flash. The buzzer sound, activated by the self-diagnostic system, can be temporally canceled by pushing the ignition key in."

Comment

Working...
        X