Location of ALL zerk fittings (grease fittings) on 2017 DF300AP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of ALL zerk fittings (grease fittings) on 2017 DF300AP

I have the manual... which doesn't even show some I found. LOL... and that's with the supplemental pages.

I did the parts diagrams and that only shows 2... which is silly... because again, I found more than 2 on my own.

Is there a definitive diagram or help on this?

Many Thanks,
    Pete

How many did you find? My DF150 has just four, two on the tilt bracket, two on the swivel bracket. Can't imagine that any motor would have many more than that. It only pivots on two axes.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

So far:

2 on the Steering arm (one on the left side, one on the right)
      1 on the tilt support mech.
      1 on what I think is called the Swivel bracket.
      1 on what I think is the shift linkage (need to remove the starboard side of the cowling middle cowling to get to that one)

Ones I still need to find:

1 on the shaft. (Super important and I can't find the dang thing!)
      You can read more about that here:
      2017 Suzuki DF300AP Zerk Fittings - A complete list with pictures? - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

1 that I think I just found in the manual called the steering bracket (going to go outside now and see if I find it). The manual talks about "Transom L Only"... but I don't know what that means...

Comment

does anyone know if I can retrofit the zerk fitting to my 2016 300 AP engines? I just experienced a shaft freeze on one of my engines- dealer says they see this a lot with the zuks. My engines are less than 2 years old. We agreed that once a year we would disassemble and grease the hell out of it. zerks would make this easier! This midsection of the suzuki appears to be the weak spot per the dealer. I'm going to have the smaller steel clamps changed as well as they are rusting.

Comment

Originally posted by DippinPete View Post
          So far:

2 on the Steering arm (one on the left side, one on the right)
          1 on the tilt support mech.
          1 on what I think is called the Swivel bracket.
          1 on what I think is the shift linkage (need to remove the starboard side of the cowling middle cowling to get to that one)

Ones I still need to find:

1 on the shaft. (Super important and I can't find the dang thing!)
          You can read more about that here:
          2017 Suzuki DF300AP Zerk Fittings - A complete list with pictures? - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

—-

1 that I think I just found in the manual called the steering bracket (going to go outside now and see if I find it). The manual talks about "Transom L Only"... but I don't know what that means...
          —tilt the engine up to the top of its range
          look on the starboard side about half way up
          on my 175 it is tucked in there on the shaft
          Art

Comment

Working...
          X