Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiring harness or control box/ignition key switch wiring issue? Sporadic crank/tilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring harness or control box/ignition key switch wiring issue? Sporadic crank/tilt

Hi,

My 2007 DF 115 with suzuki single lever control box and separate single ignition key switch panel did something a little weird last week. The motor wouldn't crank at first, and the tilt/trim wouldn't engage from the throttle up/down button. The batt. was good as the motor would raise/lower from the button on the motor itself. One odd thing is that the motor did seem to lower but not raise after a few min. The GPS was working.

I pulled on the wires coming from the tube coming through the hull and it seemed to correct the wire connection issue as it then would crank etc.

Any advice on possible issue or where to troubleshoot first? Corrosion/wiring connection issue? If so, where? I'd hate to replace the control box, harness and ignition key switch assembly if not needed. I can't seem to find an installation or wiring schematic for the ignition.

Thanks!

you see the sticky's when you open up the page to the forum?
    read the write up on the "white wire"
    ​​​​​​​Art

Comment

Thanks Art, that's exactly what is was...the white wire/fuse coming from the dual battery switch.

Comment

Working...
      X